I'll do my best to give you a little update of the last month or so. Ryan's hospital had a fire, my sis and her kiddos left about 3 weeks ago, we continued to catch every sick bug imaginable after that, and started getting better just in time for our friends to come visit us!! Ryan's best friend growing up and his wife (who just happens to be my old roommate and best friend ever!) came from Utah to visit us with their three cute kids. Kayla and Evan just LOVED playing with Carli and Jenna. Poor Evan was a little outnumbered but he didn't mind the endless stream of tea parties, playing dress-up, my little ponies, necklaces, the list goes on! Right after their arrival we took a trip to Santa Monica for some much-needed rest and relaxation! Well, with 6 kids total I'm not sure how much of it was rest but the weather cooperated for us and it was a wonderful day soaking in the California sun!!
More pics to come of their visit, plus some past due pics of my sister's visit!

Alicia just posted some pics of her trip out here so I'm going to cheat and use her post since we have all the same shots of the kids. Her blog address is:
http://mouserclan.blogspot.com/2009/02/crazy-cousins.html
I'll try to post some others soon though. It's hard playing catch-up!
Here's a few more pictures of the Nelson visit. The weather was nice so Aud and I took all the kids for a trip to the park near my house. Evan segregated himself from the girls and decided to play by himself until a little boy his age showed up. He followed that poor kid everywhere! Then this strange teenager arrived and decided to play Spiderman. Aud and I stared in surprise as he hopped on the pole supporting the playground shade/awning (whatever you call it!), climbed up it, and settled down for a nice rest in his new "hammock". I was so shocked that he would climb up there that I forgot to snap a picture of our Spidey-man. Where's Peter Parker when you need him??!
It was great to catch up with such good friends that we hadn't seen for far too long! We had so much fun with them and were sad to see them go. Thanks for sharing an awesome week with us!









6 comments:
Yay for an update!! :) Ohhhh those beach pictures make me SOOO jealous!! How fun to have your friends for a visit!! And what cute kids!!! Can't wait for more pictures!
You guys always do such fun things. And that is so cool that Logan and Aud got to come see you guys. I can't believe how big everyone's families are getting!! We need to come visit sometime...
I'm so jealous!!! What fun pics of the beach! And all those kiddos are so darn cute. Looks like you guys had such a great time... bummer I wasn't there, or Ashley! We need a roomie reunion, right girls?! :)
How fun to go to the beach!! Look Like you guys have just been partying it up lately with all the visitors you are having. How fun!!
So fun to see these pictures. Especially getting to see two ladies I miss-you and Audrey. Kayla and Carli are so big!
I've been meaning to tell you that my mom found your blog through my blog and loves your blog. When she saw the skirt with the pink ball trim that your friend made she started scheming a craft project for us to do for my girls.
I'm so glad you and Logan and Audrey still all find time to get together. That is terrific--but was there ever an option of long seperation with Ryan and Logan?!
Cute blog, keep it up!
How fun is that?!!? Thanks for the comment on my blog :) I think when I set my profile to private it stops updating yours letting you know when I make a post... I think :) The twins will be 2 on March 31st!!! So it's coming up fast!!!!!!!
Post a Comment