Or no money at all! Just use your imagination and you too can change your boring, drab rooms into artistic creations. For your viewing pleasure, let's take a look at this beautiful "handpainted" boutique headboard, courtesy of Kayla, our in-house designer. Truly one of a kind!
Here' a closer look. We wouldn't want you to miss out on the intricate detail!
But don't stop there- adding some "antiquing" on the posts adds charm and gives it just the right touch. Just ask Evan, Kayla's apprentice and up-and-coming local artist. He created and perfected this never-before-seen technique. Just marvelous!
Now, to perk up those washed-out walls, Kayla designed a mural of flowers. Complete with a delicate little butterfly. Can't you just smell the spring breeze?
And instead of a switch plate cover, why not embellish around the cover? This cuts costs and the needless wasting of the intact cover, while adding a custom look.
I hope you enjoyed this presentation of Kayla's latest line- "Floral Fantasy." You can find more of her work and that of her apprentice at "Nook & Cranny," a darling little shop on the corner of Pranks and Shenanigans, just past the Haughton homestead. ;)



12 comments:
This is the best post!! So funny. Now be honest: did you get very mad at first and then take pictures later? Or were you cool, unlike me?
At least she knew to group the flowers in odd numbers, on her headboard...
LOL~ darn it when kids draw on things other than paper. Thank goodness there are things called Mr. Clean magic erasers that will get that stuff off!!
hahaha...you could be their Marketer! you sound so professional! Kids....gotta love em!!
That was a very cute post;)(not the part where she drew all over walls and her bed but ya know..)
Wow you are one creative mom! That was the greatest post. She did a great job...other than the fact that it wasn't on paper ;). Gotta love kids... Way to have a good outlook on it.
That is hilarious ~ i loved your descriptive explanation of it all! So funny!!! That Kayla, always getting into something - poor girl keeps your hands full! :) I think we've all experienced this in some degree. Too funny though, loved it! (most importantly because it wasn't MY kids' bedroom. :)
You are hilarious!!!! I needed a laugh! ( Even if it is at your expense) We have been there b4!!!!!!
Ha Ha. Been there done that even before magic erasers -- they do save the day now though. Thanks for the comments on my blog. You wouldn't have much of a problem in my old kitchen you are right :)!you are so funny tia! We could manage but it will be nice for everything to be uniform. I can't wait. How are things going for you besides the oh so glorious design dilemma?
Miss you tonz! Hope you can come out this summer! I will be around Basin the end of July so that would be a great time to visit lol.(big and fat prego too :))Love ya!
wow, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Im sure Hannah will follow in her footsteps.
Very clever indeed. I wish sometimes that I could see a situation through a child's eyes. Although ... I can remember when I was really young, carving my name into the desk in the office with a nail. My parents found my signature and asked me if it was my handiwork. Instead of denying it and distancing myself from the crime, I boldly stated, "No, I don't even have a nail to do it with," solidifying my guiltiness.
talia, this is so funny! I love the presentation! i think she has a real future! good eye for design:P
TOO FUNNY! I can't believe I am just now reading this! Fabulous post, and fabulous drawing! Auntie Ang is coming to the rescue with custom vinyl...have no fear Kayla!
Oh. My. Goodness. I bet you were DYING! On a positive side though, she's pretty artistic. lol. Love the story you wrote too.
Post a Comment