Wednesday, September 23, 2009

St. George!

I know this post is completely outdated, but I had it saved from way back and had to finish and post it. I mean come on, I need all the help I can get! Besides, Lyss needs these pictures. Here you go Alyssa! Miss you tons!

Since it's completely unecessary and useless to explain the lack of posts, I'll just let your imagination do the work! :) Our awesome friends and neighbors invited us to Utah and we had such a blast!!! It was so fun to get away from hot, dry (some would even say parched!) Southern California. Here's a glimpse of what we left behind-



This one's taken from outside my back door. Crazy, I know. . . . .



I couldn't get over the smoke clouds! They looked burning hot! And they left ash all over our cars and sidewalk. We did NOT go outside that's for sure.



Here's a few Ryan took from the hills behind our house. Being a man, he had to take his ATV out for a little spin through hell's fury. I of course discouraged him from doing so, but he insisted he would be far from danger. I think his last concussion speaks for itself! :) But I have to admit he did get some pretty cool shots.



Okay, onto the fun and the real reason for this post! Alyssa and Spencer are native to Utah so they knew all the cool places to visit. Here's a few fun pics from Zion's National Park which was GORGEOUS!!

Hiking "The Narrows"



Issac and Evan being he-man woman-haters. Look at those biceps!



My amazing friend Alyssa.



Skipping rocks while we got Lauren situated. Kayla is such a poser! As usual.



Kayla and Isaac finding a quiet place to call their own. Think it would do with a little picket fence around it?? Hmmm, may be a little glum.



My sweet boy. Such a spaz.



Just starting out on the trail, which happens to be...underwater.



Ryan and Spencer decided to repel down the cliffs. We told them it was dangerous but they didn't listen.....Haha. Check out the spandex. Nice!

Aw, so cute



Lauren had it easy in her carrier fit for a princess.


The gang. But who in the heck is that naked guy in back?! Never seen him before. No, wait- yep, that's my crazy neighbor.



So amazing. Oh and don't mind the couple on the left. They were obviously overcome by the beauty.

Kayla thought she needed a ride above the icy cold water. Don't know why she thought her midget mother was the one who could provide that! The water was over my waist in the deepest spots.


But she found us a cool little spot to get warm for a minute so I guess I could carry her for a bit.



A little glimpse of the "trail." Not so bad when you're pushing six feet tall. What a handsome hubby.



Starting the trek back. Those rocks were seriously slippy and hard to cross. Especially with being accident prone. I mean, it was a major accomplishment that neither Kayla or myself found ourselves completely drenched by the end. I mean major. Poor girl takes after her mama. Sigh. To be graceful and quick on your feet.



Almost out of the water. The kids needed a little help but overall it was great. They loved it! (teeth chattering and all)


Our lil fam.

Doesn't get much better. Zion's is so beautiful.



The James Gang. We miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Pics of Vegas to follow later on. Yes, I said VEGAS!! We have officially moved to Sin City. Don't look down on us or block me from your blog LOL. It's actually a great place to live! Besides, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas......
Couldn't resist ;)

4 comments:

Alicia Alee said...

Finally, a post!!! It's only been a year ;) haha. Such cute pictures!! You guys have too much fun! What a blast.

Alicia Alee said...

PS - You are a funny writer Tia; I love reading your comical quips!! ;)

Yatesfam said...

Yay finally!! Your kids are getting so big. And Vegas?! How fun is that...we have thought about moving there a few times before. Maybe one day!! So glad to see you guys are doing well.

Carissa said...

Cute pics! Glad you've finally updated your blog. ;) That looks like a fun "hike" LOL